Thursday 20 June 2013

MMVA Recap

The MMVA's this Sunday were a huge party! The event that thousands of fans have been waiting for all year was so worth the wait!

Many die hard fans camped outside MuchMusic headquarters for days in anticipation of the event. The red carpet was elegant and full of hot celebrities strutting down like Taylor Swift, Demi Lovato, Classified, Avril Lavigne, Lucy Hale, and more!  Hot Canadian (and non-Canadian) celebrities performed their music and the fans never stopped screaming! 

PSY co-hosting really had me entertained, I couldn't help but laugh at his quirky and foreign sense of humour.... "Stop taking pictures and bounce!"

Drake's unannounced appearance took everyone by surprise and made the night extra special for so many people (especially myself)!

I don't like to talk about the winners of awards because in my heart I believe everyone is a winner (cheesy I know) but I do love to talk about the fashion.

 I was blown away by the what I saw on the red carpet. Summer trends like patterned dresses, sequins, low cut V necks, backless, strapless, short, flowy, colourful... I was in fashion heaven!

I told myself to choose a best dressed but was caught between way too many. So I've decided to just talk about a few of my favourites...



Liz Trinnear was the beautiful lady in red. This dress took my breath away. The vibrant colour made her look like a sexy Disney princess. 
The waist cuts, low neckline, and backless style would make dealing with "the girls" difficult for the average lady, but we had the perfect fashion solutions to make Liz rock her look.


Pretty Little Liar's Shay Mitchell looked AMAZING in her 2 piece outfit with summer colours and patterns!



Chloe Wilde WOWed the crowd in her sweet & sexy cross cut pink dress! 



Lauren Toyota gleamed on the red carpet, looking like a glamorous mermaid...Gosh I love sequins!
This dress required some girly work, so we sent her a goody bag of Girlfriends products that came in handy!



Taylor Swift stole the show with her tight fitting black&white patterned dress. Elegant and classy with a hint of sexiness. I have to say out of all the celebrities, Taylor Swift really won me over with her million dollar dress.

There were so many well dressed celebs and VJs at the 2013 MMVA's, it was so hard just to choose a few!

I am already excited for next year, what about you?!


If you have any special events where you will be wearing a trendy dress like one of these above, ask us which one of our products will help your body look magnificent! 




1 comment:


  1. Ksenia Solo (born 8 October 1987) is a Latvian-Canadian famous actress, especially known for portraying Mackenzie “Kenzi” Malikov on Lost Girl (is a Canadian supernatural drama television series that premiered on Showcase on September 12, 2010, and ran for five seasons.

    ReplyDelete